Trinity Lutheran Church Sign Ups
Moving Help (Sept. 30)
wednesday night pizza servers
7th Grade acolytes
8th grade hosts
BE a light (group)!
Trinity lutheran missional narrative
God is calling Trinity Lutheran Church to shine the light of Christ into Downtown Moorhead and beyond.
There is hurt and brokenness in our community: we are called to be a light.
There is a hunger for relationships and for places to belong: we are called to be a light.
There is a disconnect between our faith and life in the world: we are called to be a light.
There is a deep longing to express our gratitude for God’s love and grace.
“What has come into being in Jesus was life, and the life was the light of all people.
The light shines in the darkness and the darkness does not overcome it.” (John 1:3b-5)
Trinity Lutheran Church: called to be a light.
What is a Trinity Light Group?
Light Groups are gatherings of people connected to Trinity whose calls to “Be A Light” intersect. Because of a shared interest, passion, or cause, these groups are formed to help build connections between our faith and our life as we grow in relationship with one another.
How to start a Light Group:
- Find your passion and a couple others who share it.
- Figure out when, where, and how often your group will meet.
- Invite others to join you! This may include an announcement in the bulletin, the Messenger, or our Social Media.
- Start meeting any time after this point!
- Define your focus and how it relates to our missional narrative.
- If your main focus is not service that reaches outside our congregation, please consider including a service element as part of your schedule at some point throughout the year.
- Keep communication open with someone on Trinity’s staff.
Deacon Kathy (email@example.com)
Deacon Kathy helps coordinate light groups that focus on building connections between faith and life. Contact her if you have an idea for a light group that involves gathering Trinity members for reflection, relationship, shared interests, and learning that you will lead.
Anne Blake (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Anne is Trinity’s receptionist. She handles all of our scheduling for space in the building. Contact her to schedule a space for your group to meet and to get it on the Trinity calendar.