Weddings | Baptisms | Other Events
Congratulations on your engagement! To be married in the church is to be married in a worship service in the presence of God's people aware of God's blessing on your union. It is our hope that every couple married at Trinity will be helped to establish their family in a bond of Christian love, with an understanding of marriage based on God's Word and with the continued support of Jesus Christ!
Scheduling Your Wedding at Trinity:
1. Set a date and time for your wedding as soon as possible! For planning and proper preparation, we ask that you schedule your wedding at least three months in advance. We also ask you to schedule your reception at this time.
2. We do not schedule weddings for the weekends of Christmas, New Year, Easter, July 4, and Rally Sunday. Members may schedule weddings on other holiday weekends, but there can be no receptions at the church on the weekends of Mother's Day, Father's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.
3. Pre-marital Counseling and Retreat - All couples married at Trinity are required to attend a pre-marital weekend retreat offered several times a year. All couples must meet with a pastor prior to the wedding. Both bride and groom are expected to attend. This is schedule by the couple.
4. Wedding Coordinator - It is required that every wedding performed at Trinity have a Wedding Coordinator. The coordinator oversees the rehearsal and the wedding. She is responsible for working with the custodial staff to have the church open and ready for you. She will guide you through the wedding while adhering to church policies. Please schedule a meeting with the wedding coordinator as soon as possible. Lori Bellemare - 218-236-6793.
5. Don't forget your marriage license! In the state of Minnesota, a wedding license must be obtained at least five days prior to the wedding and not more than sixth months in advance. The license should be brought to the church receptionist one week before the wedding. The wedding license must be purchased in Minnesota if the wedding is held at Trinity.
6. The Organist and Wedding Music Guidelines - The Trinity organist is available to play for all weddings. Taped music is not allowed. Contact the organist in advance to request any musical selections, vocal and instrumental. You can contact the organist before or after worship services on Sunday mornings.
Ready to schedule your wedding at Trinity?! Contact Char Tallakson in the church office at 218-236-1333. She will be able to answer any other questions you may have and send you more information!
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! One becomes a member of the Christian community through the sacrament of Holy Baptism. At Trinity we believe that because of our Baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit we are Christians and God meets us where we are in life. God even meets us in our pain, weakness, doubt - offering us love, acceptance and forgiveness through Jesus Christ, God's Son.
Scheduling a Baptism at Trinity:
1. Baptisms are performed at all of our worship services on Sundays. Baptisms can be done in the Sanctuary or the Christian Life Center, depending on availability and your personal preference.
2. You do not need to be a member of Trinity to have your child baptized.
Ready to schedule a baptism at Trinity? Contact Char Tallakson in the office at 218-236-1333. She will be able to answer any other questions you may have and send you more information!
Do you have a milestone coming up? An 80th birthday? A 50th wedding anniversary? We'd love to help you celebrate. Call Char Tallakson in the church office at 218-236-1333 for scheduling and more information. Note: You must be a member of Trinity to schedule an event. The congregation is typically invited to these events. Space is limited.
Due to the abundance of requests we are unable to accommodate for the following events:
- Graduation parties
- Birthday parties (exceptions made for milestones)
- Bridal showers
- Baby showers
- Receptions following baptisms